Thursday 22 January 2015

My 2014 Favourites

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few months, with uni, work and attempting a social life its been next to impossible to find a spare moment to sit down and write on here. I'm back now and with one of my new years resolutions to become more organised I'm hoping to stay on top of everything and deliver a post a week.
Anyway on the the exciting stuff, I know I'm a bit late for a 2014 favourites but I'm hoping better late than never...
My favourite foundation of 2014 won't come as a surprises as I mentioned it in my favourite foundations post a few months back. The Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet is good skin in a bottle. It leaves the skin looking bright and flawless. I love having this beauty in my make-up bag and I'm sure it will continue to be a favourite!
Over the last few months I have been loving wearing liquid eye liner. I've tried a few and I love the Benefit they're real push up liner, but this Rimmel liquid liner has been a firm favourite since the summer. I grabbed it in boots before I went on holiday because its waterproof and really inexpensive and have loved it ever since. It lasts all day and is very black, doesn't fade and go grey. I'd always been put off liners that weren't pens but this is super easy to apply and gives a really nice point to a flick. Defiantly one to grab if you're into liner! 
I couldn't choose between these two mascaras for my favourites. The Dior Blackout mascara was one of my first high end make-up purchases when I was in school and after rediscovering it a few years back its been a staple in the make-up bag. It is amazing for thick, long, black lashes. I love it for night time make-up and one coat can transform day make-up into night. The Lancome Grandiose mascara is more of a day to day mascara, gives long thick lashes but not as dramatic and the Dior. I love both of these and know they'll have a firm place in my make-up collection. 
I've had two favourite perfumes this year and this Tommy Girl perfume has been in my handbag constantly. This perfume smells amazing and is only £16.99! The smell lasts ages and I am always getting complements when I wear it. This is the second bottle I've brought and feel like I'll be buying many more, I love this for an everyday perfume. 
I brought See By Chloe in the airport in the summer after hearing Estée and Fleur talking about it. It smells amazing and I had to include it in my favourites because the smell is so distinctive and as soon as I smell it it takes me back to the summer and that is exactly what you need in January!
I love this skin care duo! I am so lazy when it comes to skin care so the easiness of these products was a huge selling point for me. My skin feels so clean and fresh when I use them and my skin would be lost without them now. I have a skin care routine coming next week so they'll be a lot more about these in that. 
Oh my, these candles smell amazing! Yankee Candle do the most amazing smelling Christmas Candles and I love them all year round! The sent fills up the room and lingers for ages and I will be so sad when this candle finishes because I'll have to wait for Christmas to get another! I have a back stock of tea lights so they'll have to satisfy my snowflake cookie need for until next Christmas!

I have loved so many products this year and It was so hard to choose just a few. The ones I've chosen have been firm staples in my make-up bag and skin care over the last year and know they will continue to be.

Have any recommendations for products to try this year? I'd love to know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment